Ricerca insegnante di italiano, assistente: Università di Osaka
Contratto a tempo determinato per tre anni da Aprile 2024 per:
lingua e letteratura italiane, storia e cultura italiane Italian language.
Scadenza per la candidatura 21 novembre 2023
Maggiori informazioni in calce
Job Opening: Faculty Position at Division of Foreign Studies, Graduate School of Humanities, Osaka University
1. Affiliation Division of Foreign Studies, Graduate School of Humanities, Osaka University
2. Work Location
Minoh Campus, Osaka University (3-5-10 Semba-higashi, Minoh-shi, Osaka-fu, Japan)
NB: The successful candidate may be required to teach courses offered at Toyonaka Campus, Osaka University (Toyonaka City, Osaka).
4. Number of Positions
5. Specialized Field
Italian language, Italian literature, Italian history and Italian culture
- Engage in education activities, research supervision and administration duties at the Graduate School of Humanities/School of Foreign Studies; The successful candidate will also conduct research in his/her specialized field.
- Teach courses under the Center for Education in Liberal Arts and Sciences (CELAS) at the undergraduate level;
- Engage in other duties required by Graduate School of Humanities / School of Foreign Studies
- Must have a doctoral degree at the time of appointment, or equivalent research achievements;
- Must be specialized in fields of research related to Italian language, Italian literature, Italian history and Italian culture, have a track record of research output in one or more of these fields and an excellent command of Italian language;
- Must have experience of teaching Italian language at universities or other institutions for higher education;
- Must possess sufficient Japanese language proficiency to teach, provide research supervision and perform administrative duties in Japanese;
8. Starting Date
April 1, 2024
9. Term of Employment
Three-year contract will apply. (Extension is possible, but only one time and for a period of up to 2 years.)
NB: Depending on whether a position is available, the successful candidate may be promoted to Associate Professor (Lecturer) without a fixed term during his/her appointment, based on the result of a
10. Probationary Period
11. Salary and Benefits
Based on the “Salary Regulations for National University Corporation Osaka University Limited Term Staff Subject to New Annual Salary System”.
Insurance: Medical Insurance and Pension of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Mutual Aid Association,
Employment Insurance and Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance
12. Employment Type
"Discretionary Labor System, Special Work Type” (Deemed working hours: 8 hours per day)
NB: Based on the “Regulations Pertaining to Working Hours, Holidays and Leave for National University Corporation Osaka University Limited Term Staff.”
13. Application Deadline
Application documents must arrive by November 21, 2023 (Japan Standard Time)
- Application Documents
- Curriculum Vitae (use the prescribed format)
- List of research achievements (use the prescribed format)
- Major publications, no more than five (photocopies acceptable, only published work)
- Research and education plan after employment written in Japanese (within 1,000 - 2,000 Japanese characters, free format)
- For non-native Japanese speakers: Japanese language proficiency score or other documents that can certify Japanese proficiency, if any (photocopy accepted)
- Regarding the above prescribed forms for item (1) and (2), please utilize the forms available on the following website:
For applicants who prefer to receive the prescribed formats via postal service, please send the request to the contact address below enclosing an A4 size envelope with a 140-yen stamp (only for applicants residing in Japan). Please write “request for application forms” on the envelope.
- Application forms for item (1), (2) and (4) must be written in Japanese, except for proper nouns and specialized terminology.
- The application documents will not be returned to the applicant, except for item (3). - Personal information in the application documents will only be used for the purpose of screening and hiring procedures, and will not be disclosed to any third party.
- Submission of Application Documents [By e-mail] jinbun-minoh-shomu@office.
*Add “osaka-u.ac.jp” to the above to complete the e-mail address.
*Write “Application for Italian Language Faculty Position” in the subject line.
*Attach the application documents in PDF format (with sufficient security countermeasures).
*If you do not receive an email within three business days, please contact the General Affairs Section at the email address below (item 17).
[By postal service]
Write “Application for Italian Language Faculty Position” on the envelope in red ink. Send application documents by simplified registered mail or any other traceable delivery method.
General Affairs Section, Minoh Office,
Graduate School of Humanities, Osaka University
3-5-10 Semba Higashi, Minoh-shi, Osaka-fu, 562-8678, Japan
- Selection Process
- After the application documents have been reviewed, selected candidates will be invited for an interview (including a simulated lecture; travel and accommodation fees necessary for the interview are to be covered by the candidate).
- The final selection of candidates will be discussed and confirmed at a faculty meeting.
- Applicants will be notified by post or by e-mail of the final selection results (the successful candidate is expected to be notified of the result in early February, 2024 or later).
- Contact Information
General Affairs Section, Minoh Office (Minoh Campus, Osaka University)
* Please add “osaka-u.ac.jp” to the end of the above email address.
National University Corporation Osaka University
- Additional Information
For other related working conditions, please refer to: “Work Regulations for National University Corporation Osaka University Limited Term Staff,” etc.
Osaka University promotes gender equality. It welcomes strongly motivated applicants regardless of gender, nationality, race and ethnic origin.
*Osaka University campuses and related facilities are smoke-free, except for designated areas.
* There is no parking space for cars, motorcycles, or bicycles at Minoh Campus.